I hooked up with Gavin and his buddy Luke this afternoon to take in the 2005 Seattle Auto Show. Although it didn't have quite the bling-bling showiness we thought it would it was still a good time. Although we hoped there really was no "booth babe" presence to be had. Nevertheless, the cars were certainly pretty and we did manage to get Luke a photo or two with a lovely Subaru gal. The most suprising/impressive automotive specimen from the event were:
• Lego Volvo - stylish yet very Atari 2600 graphics-like
• Jeep Commander - this and other large-nosed vehicles that seem to be all the rage need two things: a) a cow catcher and b) commercials where a serene shot of a lush forest is interrupted with said vehicle exploding from the greenery, landing, and triumphantly sliding into a Vogue shot
• V-10 powered Dodge Truck - this bad boy only gets 9 MPG city -- haven't we as a race evolved beyond this kinda' thing yet?
• two cool Saturns - I guess they're trying to sex things up a bit and doing a decent job at that
• a Galactic Blue Hyundai Elantra - because Sarah should've got her's in that color
Afterward we had a good dinner at Standford's and were pleased that the seriously soggy driving we had to do earlier in the day was now largely clear of the intense precipitation.